The Public Works Department is responsible for maintenance and improvements for the City’s entire infrastructure. This includes storm drains, sewage collection system, traffic signals, parks, median islands, roadways, and facilities. The department also manages the solid waste and recycling programs as well as the City’s storm water program. Public Works is committed to providing efficient and cost-effective services involving the engineering, maintenance, and operation of public facilities and equipment.
The Public Works Department is committed to the following goals:
- To provide prompt, courteous and professional customer service for the community
- To improve the quality of life within the community
- To strive for high standards in organizational productivity and efficiency
- To keep all City infrastructure maintained at the highest level possible to provide effective and safe use
Citizens’ Service Request
Citizens can now communicate to the Public Works Department a hazard, complaint or other problem within the community that needs to be addressed simply by clicking the link below:
Citizens Service Request
Sewer Call-Out Procedures
Sewer Call-Out Procedures
Please click below to see the Sewer Call out Procedure.
Sewer Service Rate Schedule
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency has adopted a $1.25 per equivalent dwelling unit per month increase to cover increases in sewage treatment expenses. Pursuant to Resolution No. 5925, this pass-through increase will become effective on 7/1/2012.
Recycled Water Service
Three divisions carry out the day-to-day tasks of the department (click links for division web pages):
- Engineering – Capital Improvement Program (design, construction, contracting and inspecting); transportation engineering; freeway liaison with CALTRANS and SANBAG; liaison with County flood control district and US Army Corps of Engineers; street reconstruction; sidewalk repair, replacement or installation.
- Operations – Maintenance of pavements, sidewalks, sewage system, medians, City trees, and public facilities.
- Utilities -
- Environmental – Management of environmental regulatory compliance programs for wastewater (Regional Sewerage Service contract), storm water NPDES, landfill gas emissions under AQMD rules; liaison with IEUA, RWQCB, SWRCB, AQMD, LEA-DEHS and EPA.
- Integrated Waste Management – Management of residential and commercial refuse and recycling collection contract with Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc, the Household Hazardous Waste program, and State recycling objectives.
- Water– Management, operation and maintenance of the City water system.
||Follow Upland_Water on Twitter