Saturday, July 4

Public Works

Sewer Maintenance

Sewer Call-Out Procedures

When you, as an Upland resident or business owner, encounter a sewer problem/blockage, you should contact a plumber to respond to your address to determine the nature of the problem. Please ask the plumber for an estimated time of arrival. If you believe the problem to be caused by a City parkway tree, you need to contact the Public Works Department of the City of Upland to have a call-out person meet the plumber at the address. We have staff available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Please contact staff as follows:

• During regular business hours of Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m at (909) 291-2930.
• After hours, weekends and holidays, call Upland Police Dispatch at (909) 946-7624.
• Indicate that you have a sewer problem and need the Sewer Stand-By person to respond to the address, and give the plumber’s anticipated arrival time.

DO NOT HAVE THE PLUMBER CLEAN THE LINE OR DO ANY WORK PRIOR TO THE ARRIVAL OF A PUBLIC WORKS REPRESENTATIVE, UNLESS GIVEN PERMISSION SPECIFICALLY BY THE CITY REPRESENTATIVE. The Public Works Representative will arrive and speak to the plumber, then attempt to identify the cause of the problem.

If the sewer problem or blockage is caused by roots from a City parkway tree, the City will consider your request for reimbursement for the cost of the plumber’s call-out or $100.00, whichever is less. If the work is not observed by a Public Works Representative, you will not be eligible for any reimbursement.

Please feel free to give us a call at (909) 291-2930. After hours, weekends and holidays call Upland Dispatch at (909) 946-7624 and a Sewer Stand-By person will call you.

Sewer Connections and Blockages

The Public Works Department maintains sewer lines up to the property line of residences and private businesses.